The 3M™ 6000 Series Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator is one of the lightest reusable half face piece respirators available that can protect against mercury. Its low-profile design provides exceptional visibility and accommodates safety glasses. The 3M™ 6000 Series Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator features easy-to-adjust head straps and a swept back design for the cartridges which improves balance and visibility. For dentists removing mercury amalgam dental fillings, respirator should be used with NIOSH approved 3M™ Mercury Vapor Cartridge/ P100 Mercury Particulate Filter 60929S
3M™ 6000 Series Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator & Mercury Filter
3M™ 6000 Series Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator
Breathable air is important to maintaining ones safety and health when in environments where harmful organic vapors, gases, particles, vapors and particulates such as fine dusts & mists, mercury, hydrogen fluoride, ammonia, etc. may exist. The best way to maintain fresh breathing is by the use of filters and respirators. 3M™ safety products are one of the best in quality and include such items as the 3M 6000 Series Respirator.
The 3M™ 6000 Series Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator is one of the lightest reusable half face piece respirators available. Its low-profile design provides exceptional visibility and accommodates safety glasses. The 6000 Respirator is very easy to use and doesn’t require extra parts. Not only is the 3M™ 6000 Series Respirator cost effective, but it can be washed and reused many times. The respirator features easy-to-adjust head straps and a swept back design for the cartridges which improves balance and visibility.
- Swept back design of the cartridges helps improve balance and visibility
- Remarkably comfortable, soft, lightweight facepiece and easy-to-adjust head straps
- Reusable – just dispose of the cartridges/filters when used to capacity
- Can be disassembled, cleaned and reused
- NIOSH approved for negative pressure air purifying applications
- Supplied with re-closable storage bag
- Style: 3M™ 6000 Series Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator
- Lightweight; Hypo-allergenic facepiece material; Easy to use; Well balanced; Low maintenance; Economical
- Available in 3 sizes: 3M 6100/small, 3M 6200/medium, 3M 6300/large
- For dental applications respirator should be used with NIOSH approved 3M™ Mercury Vapor Cartridge/ P100 Mercury Particulate Filter 60929S
Before wearing a respirator, OSHA requires employee’s to have had a medical evaluation. Dental Safety Solutions provides same day Online Medical Evaluations. OSHA also requires respirator fit testing, training and a qualified administrator of your respiratory program.
Additionally, employers whose employee’s work with hazardous substances are required to perform a Hazard Assessment to determine their employee’s level of exposure to the air contaminant. Engineering and administrative controls are to be implemented if the levels from the Hazard Assessment exceed OSHA’s Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL). If controls are still not enough to reduce the exposure limit below the PEL, then a respirator program must be implemented. The employer’s Hazard Assessment will determine the type of respiratory protection needed and the life of the cartridge/filter.
Dental Safety Solutions provides on site training and day long seminars that includes medical evaluations, respirator fit testing and training and CE credit for respiratory protection program administrators.
|Dimensions||12 × 8 × 4 in|
Small, Medium, Large
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.