OSHA’s Respiratory Protection standard 29 CFR 1910.134
All employers, who may require their employees to wear a respirator need to comply with the medical requirements of OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard. All employees, on the other hand, who may be required to wear respirators must be medically cleared by a physician or other licensed health care professional (PLHCP).
If your employee’s wear respiratory protection then they must first have a medical evaluation as specified in OSHA’s Respiratory Protection standard 29 CFR 1910.134. Using a respirator may place a physiological burden on employees that varies with the type of respirator worn, the job and workplace conditions in which the respirator is used, and the medical status of the employee. OSHA requires that the employer shall provide respirators, training, and medical evaluations at no cost to the employee.
Online Medical Evaluation Solution
Dental Safety Solutions provides a convenient and economical way to help meet OSHA’s Respiratory Protection standard.
Benefits of utilizing the Online Medical Evaluation for respirator use:
- Complete questionnaire in 15-30 minutes
- Immediate notification of clearance
- Can be used with any brand of respirator
- Exam can be taken on any computer with internet access
- Online record keeping tracks employee’s clearance status
- Available 24/7-Schedule at your convenience
- 97% average pass rate (due to built-in expanded questionnaire)
- Physician or other licensed health care professional (PLHCP) provides review and, if needed, will follow up with employee
- Questionnaire available in English or Spanish
After your employee’s have been medically cleared by our physician or other licensed health care professional (PLHCP), make sure to give us a call to schedule a respirator fit test and training that is also required. You and your employee’s can access their documentation in your custom online portal.
When purchasing, please choose a quantity that represents the total number of employee’s that wear a respirator. Once purchased a separate email will be sent to you that contains the login information to your custom Online Medical Evaluation portal, where employee’s will enter their information to be sent to the qualified medical professional.